BOGGS FARM - ESTABLISHED 1750
DIRECTIONS BEGINNING AT HEDGESVILLE, West Virginia
Berkeley Country, West Virginia
14228 Back Creek Valley Road (State Route 7)
Dick Dodge and Dan Goggin
Telephone: (304) 754-7002
Location of property and house:
INTRODUCTION: There are many routes from the DC area
to the Boggs Farm. However, almost all of the routes will
eventually take you to Hedgesville, WV, a very small town about three
(3) miles from the Boggs Farm. The directions below begin at
Directions from Hedgesville, WV (nearest incorporated town):
1. There is a traffic light in the center of Hedgesville.
This is for the crossroads of State Route 9 (main east/west road)
and State Route 901 (which runs in a northerly direction to/from
2. Beginning in Hedgesville, go west on Route 9 (in the direction of Berkeley Springs).
3. Route 9 is a twisty road once leaving Hedgesville.
Less than two miles one crosses Back Creek. Shortly after
this on the left is a modern looking church (brick with wooden
steeple). The church, "Hedgesville Assembly of God," is at the
corner of Route 9 and Back Creek Valley Road (State Route 7).
4. Turn left onto Back Creek Valley Road. The Back
Creek Valley Road sign is not easy to see, however, on the right side
of Route 9 there is a sign to Sleepy Creek directing one to turn left
onto Back Creek Valley Road. (Note: Back Creek Valley Road
is only to the left – it does not cross Route 9.)
5. The driveway to our house is 9/10ths of a
mile after turning off Route 9. Look for a small white sign on
the left side with the following: a big red star, the name Boggs,
and the address number: 14228. (The sign-on the left side
of the road is similar in size to a "for sale" sign.)
6. Turn left onto the gravel driveway immediately in front
of the sign. This is our private road leading to the Boggs Farm.
(Note: There is a house on each side of this road
facing Back Creek Valley Road. Drive "between" the houses.)
7. Shortly after starting down the gravel road there are
two fence posts. The one on the left has the address (14228) of
the Boggs Farm. Drive between the posts and continue down the
road to the house. This is the only house on the road once past
the fence posts.
8. If you miss the turn, about one mile beyond it is a
grocery store in Tomahawk. Use the telephone there to call us.
We will come get you.